miércoles, 19 de mayo de 2010

Why Obstetrics?


Dear All, in this oportunity i wanted to take a little of space of blog for to talk about why i chosen study obstetrics, and if i'm right in this career.

I chosen a health carrer because the idea of help to other people heal, relieved or making them feel better is very comforting and enriching experience.
First, when i wanted to enter to university, my first option was Medicine, but with the point obtained i could not enter to this. Next, i thought enter to other career, for example: kinesiology, medical thechnology, ocupacional therapy, nursing, odotology, obstetrics.

I discarded nursing because the labour of nurse is always dependent of a doctor, and i hated this. I found that Medical Technology is a labour where they worked a long time in closed and small place, and always analyzing laboratory exam, it is for this that i dicarted this career. Ocupacional therapy have relation with psicology and with rehabilitation of patient, the person rehabilitation is great but the psicology do not like to me. Odontology, i did not see who a career where i could work or where i was fine, i did not feel nothing special for enter to this.


The options were: Kinesiology or Obstetrics. I prefered obstetrics, because I found most important the care of the women and the relation with the newborns and life that coming.
Now, i felt that obstetrics is the right way that i want, because who future health professional and midwive had a lot of job: promoting the health and quality of women life in different periods of their life cycle, undertake preventive, promotive, diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation. Also concerned to ensure the care of the newborn, by conducting interventions that go beyond the mother-son, and extending to a level that includes family and community. This motivates me to the decision to become an obstetrician, I feel good and happy. The visited to the hospital was a nice experience, this did that I stayed in Obstetrics, because I could see that the obstetrics is not just take out babies. Obstetrics had a wide labour that integrate the mother and son, and the women.

I hope that agree and undertake with this as me =) ,

ByE!

4 comentarios:

  1. Hello Rodrigo, many of us wanted to be Doctors, but I think that everything happens for something,and now we are happy with our desicion, because we felt in love with this career. See you tomorrow
    bye bye

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Rodrigo!!!
    Think like you in that it is a very nice experience to help heal others and also was one of the reasons why I decided to study this.
    I think it's a very good decicion =)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello my love!

    I know that you wanted study Medicine, but for different reasons you are study Obstetrics; and thanks that happened wonderful things.

    I remember when you visited a hospital and you saw a delivery! I felt that in this moment you was happy!

    I love you!! kisses

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hey Rodrigo!!!
    I like your history, Obstetrics is a good option, and I know that you will be a exellent man midwife!!!!!! and a future can be doctor!!! good luck!!!

    ResponderEliminar