jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

the benefits and drawbacks as MAN in Obstetrics


Dear all
In this opportunity, I'm goingt to write a topic as future midwife, will be directly related the topic is: gender problems in obstetrics.

There are different careers in the health area from the beginning, the majority or totality of students that started, were women
, for example: nursing, obstetrics; and in other cases, the majority or totality of students that started, were men, for example: medicine.
Actually, this has changed, now we can see the integration of men and women in this career in which its were not usual to find them.

In obstetrics, one of the main drawback is this process of integration to this work. The society and culture aren't prepare for incorporation of men in work
as in the actuality mentality maleness still exists (not that I am a feminist, but claerly noted that psycho-social aggression to the women must be eradicated), and the men in this work is "bad seen".
Another drawback is that as men, We c ouldn't to live the same physiological processes that the women, and because of this, we can't fully undestand them and there is less confidence.
The benefits that I can emphasize as future midwife, is that I will try to change the actual "basic mentality", for other that tries to overcome such a gender boundaries. In addition, a benefit as man, is that as we didn't live intimately the women processes, we can to perform a attetion more delicate.


I hope that share and undestand my opinion =)

ByE!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello my love!

    I´m agree with you! The maleness is a problem that affect to somebody, in this case it affect in the work like man midwive.

    I hope that the maleness is part of the past in our society!

    I love you! kisses

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Rodrigo, I think that you are going to be a very good midwife. Is very important what you are saying, because this society needs to change the mentality about gender roles, because we know that male and female can do the same job in any area, for example un midwifery ;)
    See you!!! Bye bye.

    ResponderEliminar